8.7.10

EHBS

Headed down to Schwäbisch Gmünd (near Stuttgart) back in May (23.05.10) to take in the European Handmade Bike Show. Following the bike blogs, I had noticed that the North American Handmade Bike Show has been growing, and gaining notice, especially with the influx in popularity of frame building/bike building in North America. The trend is starting up this side of the pond too, and this show was the 2nd annual show.


-classic Cinelli bicycle helmet - from back in the day


-Carbon Fibre bike frame, seatpost, and saddle - all in one


-weighing just 748grams!


-the finish that seems to be the current trend - kinda steampunk-ish, or maybe beater bike to deter thieves, or maybe just nostalgic


-Julie Racing Design - Nice bike frame with integrated rear light


-svevo city bike - interesting handbuilt city bike concept from a fixie/bmx builder


-rafael spyder - a sweet track bike from a builder that makes some really sweet bikes


-top edge blend - love how the top tube blends right into the headset, very extreme


-rafael heidelberg - my favorite bike of the show! this bike is sublime, full carbon, with a Gates Carbon belt drive, super narrow flat bar handlebar, and the green/grey carbon contrast, just beautiful! I think once I have an expendable budget, I'll order one.


-frame builder demo


-some nice lugs on display where the builder was demo-ing


-a very nice paint job!


-super nice detailing - I also love the logo and the graphics


-98 euro for a straight bar like that?! - but of course, those are some tight handlebars


-Fixie Inc Peacemaker - Fixie Inc is one of the coolest custom builders I've seen, love their stuff, especially there belt drive bikes


-Cycles for Heroes - just awesome, nice graphics/branding too


-the Peacemaker


-this one was a special, forget the name - another belt drive though


-nice faux rust finish!


-Fixie Inc stand setup - they had a kinda classic English style ghettup going, with olde style rugs, furniture, black and white photo albums, and some photo's and stuff from this years Tweed Ride in London


-like a Trek District? - but not, nice custom bike, I've got the same tires on my Boston


-nice detailing and colour combo


-I think it's a Rohloff hub


-sweet handlebar and brake lever - by cykelmageren of Denmark, I really like this take on the brake lever


-sweet custom paint job - forget by who


-sweet stainless steel bike (I think) - featuring a Gates Carbon drive, and I was more a fan of the rack/fender supports I think in this pic


-embossed bike logo - I like this, very subtle and understated


-Interesting ride that uses the front fork again 2 times in the rear, but I think I was more interested in the brake handle


-another cool bike rack - negates the need for fender supports, which is nice to reduce the visual clutter on a bike


-integrated rear LED's - and I always love it when features/components are well integrated into a design, and that goes for here as well

No comments: